The Older I Get, The More I Collaborate


As I sit here pondering what in the world I could possibly blog about for today regarding collaboration, I am beginning to realize that throughout all the activities that I have partaken in my life, they are generally not ones that have a collaborative aspect to them. At a young age, it seems to me that I was more inclined to partake in sports that relied on solely myself to do well in them. For example, I swam and played tennis. Eventually I quit swimming and played tennis nearly my whole life up until this point. In tennis, I was a singles player so whether I won or lost was dependent upon myself. I enjoyed these more self-reliant activities because if I performed poorly, there was only one person whom I could blame, myself. Some other sports that I took part in and still do to this day are skateboarding and bike riding. Similar to tennis, both of these sports are not team sports, even though they can be (kind of).  However, the older I get, it seems that it is more and more required of myself to collaborate. Whether it be in school, or even in things such as video games. Surprisingly I’ve played more video games the older I’ve gotten; these online games require a surprising amount of collaboration amongst its users. I just thought that it was an interesting point that I will most likely discuss in my 1000 word blog. Here is a a link discussing teamwork in video games. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steve Jobs Persistence for Perfection

Everyone Should Edit

Youtube Online Communities