Fake or Real?

News, Globalization, International, Forward
https://pixabay.com/p-426895/?no_redirect

This past Tuesday, in our ESOC class we discussed fake news as it was a term coined this past election and in my opinion overused. Although there was some validity to it being thrown around so much. I remember going home to my mother telling me something she saw on a news station and it seemed a bit odd to me, she would then show me multiple websites proving her point, but when I would do my own investigating on the story, I found multiple websites contradicting every "fact" she found. Basically, this past election it was so easy to see some up surd story and just believe it because of the masses of people also backing the story and not a single person actually act checking it. Personally Ive always been one to double check facts on the internet to make sure that they are true, I found it amazing how if a "news" story had support, no matter if it was true, then to the majority it just had to be true. This video made by CNN, sort of sums up the silliness of this past election no matter what side you were on, because both sides were at fault.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steve Jobs Persistence for Perfection

Everyone Should Edit

Youtube Online Communities